One of my PB

BucktailJiger

0331111748.jpgJust thought I'd share this Crappie with teeth ! Just shy of 13 lb . She was weighed pictured and released . I don't keep Walleye over 3 lb for the skillet , I just enjoy catching them , and the best part is looks I get when I put them back in the river .

toadfrog

NICE FISH wish to heck I could get on to some around here 3 lb would be just right .

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
That is one huge walleye!!! Beautiful - :bigfish:

Cold weather gear along the river (looks like anyway) and a FAT belly..... caught during spring spawning run? If so, it was probably a female and you did good releasing that one. A Jack during spawning run would most likely come home with me. :D

My PB walleye ran 10lbs (30") and was caught late fall off a breakwall on Erie - it came home and was released in a grease pan.

BucktailJiger

Fatman said:
Nice fish!!!!! I'd be tempted to have that one mounted!!!!!!! although what's the record in Iowa???
14lb 2oz . Missed it by 3/4oz 2yrs ago , trying to find the pic's of her .

BucktailJiger

AtticaFish said:
That is one huge walleye!!! Beautiful - :bigfish:

Cold weather gear along the river (looks like anyway) and a FAT belly..... caught during spring spawning run? If so, it was probably a female and you did good releasing that one. A Jack during spawning run would most likely come home with me. :D

My PB walleye ran 10lbs (30") and was caught late fall off a breakwall on Erie - it came home and was released in a grease pan.
Ya it was the spring ice out pre spawn run and it was bruteally cold , I couldn't feel my fingers and couldn't feel her just her weight .

Fatman

Wow close but no cigar!!!!!! and Attica the breakwalls on Erie and Ontario have a tendency when the winds blowing to make your extremely WET LOL. Growing up I lived 4 miles from Ontario and we fished it all the time.

BucktailJiger

Hawnjigs said:
Fattest wally I've ever seen! What did you catch it on?
1/8oz jig w/2 1/2" black/pink "Stroller" . Strollers are kinda my secret weapon plastic for Walleye .

redman

Quint now that is a nice Walleye. One that will rival any I ever caught up in the Iowa Great Lakes Area. That is some nice open water fishing down where your at in the river. I always caught my biggest Walleyes in the very coldest part of the open water season. Seems that still are open for one last very late fall feeding freeze.

As far as which is better to eat??? I will take a Walleye first. As we don't have any in my part of the country I eat a lot of Crappie. Bream is a very close second. Be sure to save me the Walleye's Cheeks and Livers nothing better fried in Butter.

Redman

Jig Man

I have only had the opportunity to eat a few, but Walleye are very tastie and they do have some nice size fillets.... I wish they would re-stock our lake with them!!

Back