Old Timer Back In Action

toadfrog

Thanks to Teddy, I got this old Ament jig in action . Gonna fish it at the dam in a few days. Busted my good camera sorry for the poor pic.View attachment 6

Attachments

• Old MOLD NEW JIG LIFE.jpg
    Old MOLD NEW JIG LIFE.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 121

upnort16

Simply gotta love those oldie but goodies. Something about it, nostalgia, recycling, I don't know, just appreciate the history of fishing and the evolution of baits to catching. Keep up the good work and good luck at the dam.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I really like that head shape - a cross between a few other available jig heads out there. Do you have a weight and hook size?

toadfrog

Not on the mold but I plan on putting it on a digital scale to be sure the hook is a 2/0 sea gaurd . The mold was made for a 575 bronze light wire . I think Have to look up Ledhed's post on the old mold books might be in there.

Hawnjigs

KISS
That wide head looks like it'll work like a football. Let us know how it works in the dam rocks.

Why those colors?

toadfrog

Hawnjigs said:
That wide head looks like it'll work like a football. Let us know how it works in the dam rocks.

Why those colors?
I'm curious about the rocks too. I used what I call GHI , Graduated Heat Increments to cure the PP. Should be even thougher but is more time consuming with higher energy usage. I didn't have a drip off a single head. Probably dumb luck tho .
Thanks for the cudo's guys.

toadfrog

LH I did real good on sand bass . That was weeks ago . I used a white one red throat with blue bleeder feathers on the side . I fished some pretty rough cover in spots . Never hung it up .
Thanks guys and gals for the kudo's . Hopefully soon I will be posting a real surprise JSC is gonna love this dude when its done.

Fatman

Nice jig!!!! My Uncle used to call those warbler heads, they were great around rocks. Any chance you guys putting copies of those jig mold catalouges here on the site??

Back