No-Name Experimenting

papaperch

Been working on these since a few years back. If some of you remember old thread about John Fujita's No-Name lure. Jack Fujita ( his nephew) sold me some of the old original No-Names so I could compare with the ones I was making. Basically I quit worrying about trying to imitate the curved front part of lure. I like two sizes # 12 hook pattern and # 8 hook pattern. Used ice fishing blade for front part. Can use standard hook or if you want vertical use jig hook. I substituted Ram's wool instead of chicken feathers for trailer hook. One strand of flash to make it pop.

If ever a case of less is more. Trying to get this lure to work as good as the original was hard. Mainly I kept putting too much material on . Last year I started tying with less and eureka .
All the patterns worked to some degree.  But the minimalist ( final pattern ) are just DEADLY.

While Mr Fujita designed is as a trout /panfish lure. It also took big fish back in the day. Well that has not changed. To prevent too any break offs I use modern braided line to connect the two hooks. After comparing in tank and actual clear lake water. These resemble a very small whitish minnow. The supreme test will be through the ice this year.

4KINTPw.jpg

Took pic of pattern while wet to give idea how small it really is. While small the results are usually big. Next pics just a few of today's victims of Mr Fujita's idea.

20mB6ke.jpg

ivp9m9f.jpg

mMeO7G0.jpg

Didn't take ruler with me but those planks are 6 inches wide.

Back