Night Bite

Len

Fish started biting around 8:00PM and lasted till 10:30...and the pile did get bigger...
004_zpsba71bbfb.jpg
003_zpsa007fb0d.jpg

002_zps93a6a12f.jpg

Len

LedHed said:
WTG Len - great catch - jigs?
Had to use a glow jig from Jamin Jigs tipped with a wax worm to get them to bite....and the bite was really lite..

Lost Pole

Ice and night. Would be a deadly combo…… for me.
Or against me. I will have to experience it one day. Piety fish and great fish. What's the gold'n one? Got a goggle eye shape with no red eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Len

Lost Pole said:
Ice and night. Would be a deadly combo…… for me.
Or against me. I will have to experience it one day. Piety fish and great fish. What's the gold'n one? Got a goggle eye shape with no red eyes.

I believe it is a Sunfish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lostleader

Len, how thick is the ice? I want to go out Saturday, but I fell through last year and it kinda spooked me.

Hard to believe, but I had 12 of ice and walked across the area a went in at. Luckily only my left leg went in and the ice armor suit kept me dry, but I was done. Guess I hit a spring or something

Len

Lostleader said:
Len, how thick is the ice? I want to go out Saturday, but I fell through last year and it kinda spooked me.

Hard to believe, but I had 12 of ice and walked across the area a went in at. Luckily only my left leg went in and the ice armor suit kept me dry, but I was done. Guess I hit a spring or something
Last weekend ice was 9".Heading out tomorrow night also and expect to find a lot of snow on the ice.

Lostleader

Len said:
Lostleader said:

Last weekend ice was 9".Heading out tomorrow night also and expect to find a lot of snow on the ice.
Awesome. I may try this weekend on summit

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Wear good waterproof boots! I went out after dark tonight - no luck - and got wet feet. Ice is getting layered up, or at least it is for the reservoir i was on. All the weight of snow from this week (about 6"-8") is pushing down the ice and putting water on top. Cold temps the last 2 days have the top crust of snow pretty hard. There is a 2" layer of hard snow on top, 4" of water, then about 10" of solid black ice. A little un-nerving since the snow holds you most of the time..... then you take a couple steps and you break through to the solid ice. I will be out tomorrow at noon. :icon14:

Good luck - hope to see another successful report!

Len

AtticaFish said:
Wear good waterproof boots! I went out after dark tonight - no luck - and got wet feet. Ice is getting layered up, or at least it is for the reservoir i was on. All the weight of snow from this week (about 6"-8") is pushing down the ice and putting water on top. Cold temps the last 2 days have the top crust of snow pretty hard. There is a 2" layer of hard snow on top, 4" of water, then about 10" of solid black ice. A little un-nerving since the snow holds you most of the time..... then you take a couple steps and you break through to the solid ice. I will be out tomorrow at noon. :icon14:

Good luck - hope to see another successful report!
Yep...Ice conditions are about the same here also very slushy out there last night(2-7-15) but managed to catch 17 Bluegill with not one Crappie...The weapon of choice was a small Swedish Pimple tipped with a wax worm and maybe the key was that I wrapped the hook with Glow Orange Crystal Flash...and you can see how it got chewed up...This was the only bait they would take....need to try and coat the Flash next trip....
001_zpsfa9dd132.jpg

Back