Nice Bass part 2

JUNGLEJIM1

Hit the little city park lake again this evening,caught two 2-2 1/2 lb bass the first 15 minutes,then at 9pm I broke off a nice one on the hook set. Had my son with me wearing tee shirt and shorts while I wore long sleeves and bibs. The squitos ate him up so he ran interference for me while I fished.Not another bite until 10:30 and told him this is the last cast. This fish inhaled the 5 inch worm less than 10 feet from the dock. The worm looks tiny in this one's mouth. It got under the dock twice,line was frayed over 8ft but the 6lb trilene xt held up. Took a couple pics and put her back. It's bigger than the one I posted last week. What do you think a bass this size might weigh? I caught two bigger ones friday without the camera. I don't mess with scales,just want to get them back in the water as soon as possible.Any opinions as to the weight are appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_3006.JPG
    IMG_3006.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_3007.JPG
    IMG_3007.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 66

ScottV

That's a good one all right! The pic weighs a pound. Just guessing, I would say 7 to 8 lbs.. May have gone 9 before she spawned. Congrats!

crazy angler

Future Sponsor
Man Do We need a BASS JIG section You Beast That thing can eat most the crappie out their! 8 plus!

JUNGLEJIM1

I don't mess with scales but my son's friend had a digital scale in his box.He insisted we weigh it. Scale read 8.2 lbs. Fish was out of the water about a minute and a half,longer than I would have liked but she swam off strong,even splashed me in the face as she swam off. Lost another big one last night on the second jump. Had braid on that reel,lost three on the braid last night. Only bass caught was on the mono. Gonna rest those fish for a couple days and creep back up on them. That's only the second 8 I ever caught. First one was caught at different lake in 1979,so it's been awhile. If I keep fishing at night maybe the next one won't take as long.

JUNGLEJIM1

Hopefully since I released her in good shape I'll catch her next spring before the spawn.Need to release the 7-8lbers to get a 10 maybe one day. This lake is small and receives heavy fishing pressure,mostly for catfish that are stocked twice a month. I guess the bigger bass move in to feed after dark,lot's of forage for them in this lake.

JUNGLEJIM1

Fished again this evening. First bite was almost 2 1/2 hours in,SWING AND A MISS. Caught one about 1.5 about ten minutes later and a 4+ about 15 minutes after that. 10:30 seems to be the magic time the last few trips. Took pics,probably post them later. Finally caught one on braid,the bigger one. She swallowed the worm so does that count ????

JUNGLEJIM1

I've caught three crappie in the four night trips. I've lost a few fish that didn't feel like bass and a couple times the tail was bitten off,could be crappie. I may need some smaller worms or just trim them down a bit and see if I can't catch some crappie. This one caught with braided line.

Attachments

• IMG_3009.JPG
    IMG_3009.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3011.JPG
    IMG_3011.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 15
Back