New Winged Grass Hopper

StumpHunter

Been working with a lot of chain eye flies lately and setting at the vise yesterday I got to playing around with a grass hopper fly I been working with this spring. Just never was satisfied on how it was looking with each change I made on. Think I have the fly like I want it.

Attachments

• Winged grass hopper 001.JPG
    Winged grass hopper 001.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 77
  • Winged grass hopper 002.JPG
    Winged grass hopper 002.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 76
  • Winged grass hopper 003.JPG
    Winged grass hopper 003.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 77
  • Winged grass hopper 004.JPG
    Winged grass hopper 004.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 77

Jig Man

Got a feeling thatun will work... The jumbos are on the move here. Tossed one in the pond when I turned the pumps on this morning and the figjht was one ta see who was gonna get it first!

slammingjack

That is one of the best grass hoppers I have seem. I tried tying a few and watched every you-tube I could find. Yours is at a higher level. Very good job.

StumpHunter

Thanks guys. It still amazes me at all the bugs we can come up with, love tying!!

Slammingjack, I'll make a video on tying this fly soon. May have to make it in two videos to show everything. Thanks for your complement, means a lot coming from another tyer.

davidriley

Quite remarkable. That is a superb tying and could be adapted to cover many 'floating type bugs'. Definitely :icon14::icon14::icon14:
I am looking forward to the video.

David

Back