New use fir jigging rap.

Kdog

Spring Walleye bite is finally over,  No one has been doing much catching,  So a buddy that knows the lake well and is in a position to fish it daily jas been playing with vibes and jiggin raps,  Vibes are working a bit as are hopkins spoons but the venerable jigging rap is starting to work but only on shorts... he said the bigger fish are still laying low or coming up and grabbing a shad or two and foing back to sleep. Jis expeience twlls him that one area always holds bigger walleye and usually he begins to catch them weeks ahead of anywhere else. Yes its a secret spot location he will not share.  
Anyhow, I painted a chartruese orange and white jigging rap for him last spring.  He decided conditions were right for the color combo.. ties it on and on his second lift caught a fish,,,,  big fish.  After a long battle fish started to jump and imaginge his surprise... Fish was a Muskie.  He was able to get it along side the boat retrieve his lure and reelease for another day.  he estimated 48 - 50 inches.

Moral of the story always be prepared.  He needed a camera and tape measure xould have got some kinda state  pin or patch for that one.

hookup

The lesson of your post is

its a secret spot location he will not share.

I know many that catch monsters and do not document them for posterity. Why? I'm not sure

Hawnjigs

KISS
Luckily some of us don't need physically flaunt trophy fish for brags, & out my way there are thousands of out of state meatheads who would eat em.

Jon just landed a massive species not disclosed likely state record, quickly released and thats all I got to say.

Back