New ultralight build

NorCoMike

Just wanted to share some pictures of a rod i finished for a friend. This will be his first ultralight rod. He has always been more of bass fisherman but i have shown him that tossing light lures can be a blast so he wanted to give it a go. Its built on an MHX S781-2-MHX blank. 6'6" 2 piece rated for 1/32 to 3/16 oz. Finish didnt turn out perfect on this one temperature in the basement must have been to cold but still a fishable rod. Can't wait to see him hook his first fish on it!!

Attachments

• Davids ultralight 1.jpg
    Davids ultralight 1.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 125
  • Davids ultralight 2.jpg
    Davids ultralight 2.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 127
  • Davids ultralight 3.jpg
    Davids ultralight 3.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 126
  • Davids ultralight 4.jpg
    Davids ultralight 4.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 126

plateboater

I am thinking about pouring plastics...................But man that is nice. You have another rod maker on here and she is making me a rod right now

NorCoMike

Thanks guys! Mudhole does make some nice blanks and reasonable prices for someone like me that only builds for myself or friends. Im sure the guys selling customs use more expensive blanks but for what i do you cant beat them. Working on a couple of their other blanks right now to. Two out of their panfish and crappie series a 9 footer and a 6 foot fiberglass.

hookup

Very addiction hobby.

Once a year MudHole offers SCV's on sale for about 60% of their list. Also if you look around, you can find some nice deals on high end blanks. Problem with the high modulus rods is they are fragile.

Back