New Swordtail jig

JUNGLEJIM1

I was at DOLLAR TREE and found some really stretchy centipedes in the toy section and thought it would work as a jig tail. Each leg is 1.5 inches long, very wiggly and hard to break. I tied up a half dozen to start with a visited the cement pond close to the house. They worked fantastic and caught some really nice crappie the very first day including two that weighed 2.47 and 2.67 lbs. Measured 16 and 16.5". I think I found a keeper.IMG_3453.JPGIMG_3457.JPGIMG_3438.JPGIMG_3439.JPGIMG_3530.JPG

JUNGLEJIM1

This is a city park lake that gets stocked with catfish twice a month. It had a fish kill in December, 2020 and I thought lake was wiped out totally so I didn't fish it for a year. Tried it last December and started catching slab crappie including one giant that broke the 3# mark. I released her and hope to catch it again when it's even bigger. It doesn't have a lot of crappie in it but has some nice ones and a few giants. Most crappie I catch here are 25-50 feet from the dock and best time for them is between 5-6 am. They are gone or just won't bite after 7am which is about when the other fisherman arrive and I leave.

JUNGLEJIM1

I release everything so nothing like a stringer of slabs for them to see. Most fish there for catfish and have no idea that there are big crappie in there and I want to keep it that way.

Back