New Ride ...

hookup

Well, not a new product ...

Last week I get an email from a guy I haven't talked to for a bit. Good friend, good fishing buddy, just between work & family we don't talk much.

He wanted to sell his 4 year old Wilderness Express Ride 115. I really need another boat like I need a hole in the head, so I said no.

Then he sends me pix. Boat looks brand new so I asked him about the boats history. He bought it, used it about once a year on a local lake and now his wife wants the room in the garage.

I'm interested but still not sold.

Boat's the angler version. Mmm. Lists for about $1300, but you can find it all day long for a grand on-sale.

Then he says it comes with an Aquabound 230cm graphite paddle (list $150) and a Lotus life vest (list $100). And he has both the high and low seat (another $200)

So I'm like OK, how much?

$500 he says.

$500, you sure?

Yep.

SOLD.

So now I have one of these in the garage

And since its an angler edition, I really do not have to do anything to it but find a sticker of an American flag for the stern.

Good news is I had an old Coosa that lacked a seat, but I made a mod to take a Surf to Summit seat. It's been a reliable camping kayak and spent many a days and nights on the river. Since my buddy's daughter had a growth spurt (5" in one year) her old kayak was to small, so I gave it to her.

Win win for all.

hookup

This is my fourth SOT. I tend to put hole in the bottom with all the river fishing & dragging I do.

I usually fix them by plastic welding & give them to a kid who'll be a low impact user.

There are excellent fishing machines for the waters I fish. Usually you never see a motorized boat in the river I'm on, and if you do, it's only a matter of time before they hit a rock & cause significant damage. For stealth, these are great.

StumpHunter

Great buy!! I have really enjoyed my ride in all water from fresh to salt. Here is my setup to give you a few ideas.

Attachments

• 6-14-14.jpg
    6-14-14.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 38

hookup

Nice Stump - got that 115 all rigged out.

Been considering getting a Torquedo or similar power for mine

hookup

That's the way my last dog was. Get him near water & everyone's wet.

This one would stare at me the whole time going "Dad, WTF are you doing to me?" He hates water.

Back