New Products Posting Information

JigCraft

Administrator
Staff member
This board is intended as an area for JigCraft members who sell materials, components or other jig fishing tackle to show off their new and upcoming products. If you have a new product you would like to showcase here, please send a Private Message to - AtticaFish - to be approved for posting. Thanks!

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Update: Since the sponsorship program for JigCraft is not yet started, i have temporarily set up a category for "Future Sponsors" who may post their new products in this board.

For now, this group will only include those members who are contributing regularly to the forum discussions and intend to sponsor the website in the future. Please PM me if you are selling 'jig fishing' tackle and wish to be able to post new threads on this board. All other members will be able to post a reply to threads, but not post new threads. Any other questions, just holler. ;) Russ

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Changing things up a little. Want to open this board up since i know there are alot of members here that sell either custom blank jig heads or custom tied jigs. If you want to show off some jigs you are selling or get feedback on new styles you are thinking about selling.... please post them here. ALL members can now post NEW threads and REPLY to threads as well.

Note: The idea of members buying into 'sponsorship' of the site in the future may be getting kicked to the curb for now. Biggest reason: i do not want to line my pockets in green from the members of JC. ;) If you have a website and wish to be listed on the supplier index page, the only requirement is that you are an active member of JigCraft. Share what you have learned in the craft and the site will help by sharing your link. Let me know if you want to be listed. Thanks - Russ

Edit: I also made changes to the 'rules' in the Shameless Commerce board.... after reading my original list of rules there - i sounded like a harda$$, why didn't someone kick me in the pants?!?! So...... Pics and brand names are welcome there as well, just no pricing please. My thought is that if you are not interested in buying anything, you can skip the entire commerce section. I am definetly open to any and all suggestions.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Picture is worth a thousand words, good idea.

To avoid future clutter, bizness posting could be limited to 1 per bizness with 1 pic. The perpetual editing feature allows changes as a bizness evolves. "Shameless Commerce" sounds kinda intimidating, maybe thats why there are so few posts? I personally would welcome all MEMBERS to post what they have to offer.

Then, specific products posting in a separate section could be organized by categories - jigs, jig heads, soft plastics, materials etc. There should be some limitations - I mean, nobody wants to see separate posts of all my jig heads with multiple pics. IMO, the SPIRIT of this section should be "Hey, this is special and here's why, so, I'd like to offer it to others".

Hawnjigs

KISS
Some other comments & suggestions:
1. I don't think Bizness and Product postings should be reply-able. "Attaboy" posts & questions could be handled thru PMs? There already is a Bizness & product review section, and product postings could be edited to include answers to PM questions.
2. "Hey, what you think?" posts should remain where they are in the non-commerce sections.
3. The commerce section should be limited to actual ongoing biznesses - casual one time offerings should remain in its separate Buy & Sell section.

Basically, I'm suggesting that a Commerce section should allow shoppers to find what they want quickly and efficiently without wading thru clutter.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
IMO, the SPIRIT of this section should be "Hey, this is special and here's why, so, I'd like to offer it to others".
THAT is nearly my EXACT FEELING. Now, how to get there. :huh: Thanks for the input Hawn, some good ideas in there that i like.

Shameless Commerce: I do agree that there seems to be something that is 'scaring' people from posting in the Shameless Commerce. I thought the hardline i took on the pics, logos and brand names were at fault - which after re-reading i didn't like myself. :blush: The name could have something to do with it... i got the name from the NPR radio show Car Talk with Click and Clack - i always liked the thought of it... advertising your self with no shame :p The original intention was to just get any and all JC member's jig fishing tackle website a few extra links and page views. Any idea for a new name? "JC Member Sites - Contact Info"

Products Board: I do like some of your ideas but not sure how to go about categorizing things... a way to do it that isn't too confusing. I do see your point about not letting replies and agree, could create alot of clutter. Some more pondering to do... I just don't want to over complicate things.

Back