new mold

toadfrog

View attachment 9

I got home to a new package in the mail . My friend and mold maker buddy Bob La Londe from CNC MOLDS AND STUFF sent me a mold totally out of this world . He knows I follow the kiss method (keep it simple stupid) . I've been shifting away from tiny baits or those ocean size I used to do . Selling and trading molds until I have in between baits that crappie or bass either one will hit . Out of the blue he up and makes me a 2.75 swim bait mold and for no particular reason sent it to me . Now that was way cool enough . Look at the pics and see what else .   :notworthy: :Banane44:

Attachments

• DSCF4178_e.jpg
    DSCF4178_e.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCF4177_e.jpg
    DSCF4177_e.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 60

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Oh wow, nice! What size is that swimbait? Big paddle with a nice thin tail.... those are favorite.

(hope you don't mind, i edited your pics so they would fit a little better on the forum)

JUNGLEJIM1

Nice mold for sure. That is the perfect size for crappies and bass. I started using swim baits earlier this year falling for the Keitech baits in assorted sizes. Little suckers aren't cheap either. That mold is a winner.

toadfrog

Thanks for the edit . I thought I had that junk camera of mine set to a small photo . It's a 2 5/8 bait
Jim a size for either is what I'm going for . If I ever get rid of all those big lead head molds the money will go into small spinner baits and plastic . Back to basics so I can have time to experiment again .

Hawnjigs

KISS
2-3/4" is an ideal size for anything that swims out my way. Just that size Gulp! fork tail twitch minnow got clobbered by a chunky flathead today, likely 20+#, along with a cupla eater size wallys around 20" and even a stray 12" trout. That thinned out paddle tail should flutter like a butterfly & sting like a bee.

Jig Man

Hawnjigs said:
2-3/4" is an ideal size for anything that swims out my way.  Just that size Gulp! fork tail twitch minnow got clobbered by a chunky flathead today, likely 20+#, along with a cupla eater size wallys around 20" and even a stray 12" trout.  That thinned out paddle tail should flutter like a butterfly & sting like a bee.

Looks like some good machine work... :icon14: :icon14:

toadfrog

View attachment 1View attachment 1got another 4" kick foot worm . Gonna be a trailer bait . Got a skinny body to go up behind the hair or silicone skirt. Dad Gum what is causing such big pictures . Checked the camera set it on small photo . ??????????????????????????

Attachments

• DSCF4183.JPG
    DSCF4183.JPG
    452.3 KB · Views: 40

hookup

Have you shot any yet? Post some pix of the finished product when you do

Back