New Kids & Old Vets

Hawnjigs

KISS
With JiggerJohn's encouragement I'm switching from ball heads to the new Hooksup(HU). So, I'm offering my personal stash of TIN ball prop jigs AND the new LEAD 1/10 oz. HU heads.

The TIN 1/8 size ball jigs have an actual weight of 1/11 oz. with black nickel Gamakatsu 604 #2(#4 gap) Xstrong hooks. Tin has a durable attractive shiny finish, cost around $20 per lb. and rising. Tails are dual layer rabbit with center Flashabou line. Have 8 each chartreuse/white, orange/white, pink/white, tan/white $12 per 8 includes shipping. Or, $40 for all 32 shipped. You can use these in LEAD FREE only areas like Canada, National Parks, & states with lead bans.

The actual weight 1/10 oz. LEAD HU heads have #2 unbranded chemically sharpened bronze hooks with #4 gap size and #2 wire strength. The HU was designed for hook upright swimming & sitting with the benefit of snag resistance, among others. $10 per 50 plus postage. Also available with double cone holder collars. Can be poured lead free at additional cost.

View attachment 1
View attachment 2

Attachments

• GamiBoo.JPG
    GamiBoo.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 52
  • MiniHU.JPG
    MiniHU.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 52

LedHed

Sponsor
Those HU heads are awesome!!!! Can you get them with the Gamakatsu 604? How about a pic with the barb?

toadfrog

HU heads take paint really well . Easy to do different paint jobs on and perfect for eye placement. Took some out with me when I fished below the dam in Ologah Ok. There are some nasty rocks in that area. The only time I got hung up was because of a big ball of old line in the water. The cold ran me out but I did get three crappie eating size.

Hawnjigs

KISS
There are no 60* light wire hooks available, and this #2 bronze hook was the only one that could bent from 90* with an acceptable amount of losses due to snaps. The narrow gap was fortunate as I prefer it to full size #2. The collar version weighs more - close to 1/8 oz.

Hey ToadFrog, congrats, you've drawn first blood with that head.

View attachment 3

Attachments

• HU#2.JPG
    HU#2.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 42
Back