New jig totes

walleyescrounger

I new jig tote from gruv fishing was at I-cast . They have a website but the have not hit the market quit yet. They use a silicone material to grip jigs and have a magnetic closing lid. They have come out with a crankbait box that uses this technology. I'm unsure of pricing but they look like very functional boxes.

Attachments

• IMG_0438.JPG
    IMG_0438.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 119

walleyescrounger

Jig Man said:
Those are nice, do you know if they hold jigs on both sides or just the one?

They just hold jigs on one side. The silicone insert isn't a new thing to fly boxes but this company is expanding it to larger lures and crankbaits. Here is there crank box and large jig box. The large jig box in the one pic is being used as a hook box.

redman

Neal everything old is new again. Right after World War II Dan Gapen came out with a series of fly boxes that used magnets as closers. I have one a joy to use. The box is cedar and stays closed little heavy to carry around. The cedar repelled bugs. Looks as though Dan was years ahead of his time or maybe these people are just getting up to speed. At any rate nice boxes.

Redman

walleyescrounger

redman said:
Neal everything old is new again. Right after World War II Dan Gapen came out with a series of fly boxes that used magnets as closers. I have one a joy to use. The box is cedar and stays closed little heavy to carry around. The cedar repelled bugs. Looks as though Dan was years ahead of his time or maybe these people are just getting up to speed. At any rate nice boxes.

Redman

It seems the fishing world revolves around what is old is new again. That's one reason I like to study the pioneers like Cap Kennedy and get back to the KISS principle.
Keep it simple stupid. 
Neil

walleyescrounger

redman said:

Redman
Redman
Looks like Gapan has brought that little gem of a fly box back for $49.00. It is currently on there 
website.

[font=Arial, Gadget, sans-serif]Gapen Magnetic Cedar Fly Box[/font]

[font=Arial, Gadget, sans-serif]The original Gapen Cedar Fly Box in every detail, own this functional keepsake and fish like a legend. [/font][font=Arial, Gadget, sans-serif]This "Magnetic Cedar Flybox" is identical in makeup in every detail to Don Gapen’s original fly box including its size, 3-1/2 x 7 x 1 inch.

[/font]
These NEW Don Gapen magnetic cedar fly boxes are made with the highest quality materials to match the original carried by Don! You will love this box and so will your flies. Cedar's long-lasting and protective qualities will smell great, work great and will keep your flies looking great. Snap this fly box open and take out your secret weapon and favorite Gapen fly.[font=Arial, Gadget, sans-serif]

Don Gapen, the man who created the original Muddler Fly once made the world’s first and only magnetic cedar fly box. The original cedar fly box was manufactured at a plant owned by the Otto Shaw family in Lapeer, Michigan.[/font]

[font=Arial, Gadget, sans-serif]Dan Gapen, Sr., Dan’s oldest son, has duplicated his father’s original box in every detail. The fly box, like the original, is constructed in every detail included in his father’s original masterpiece. Red cedar is used for the body, —aluminum hinges open and fold the two-sided box with firmness. Five magnetic strips easily accommodate five-dozen flies and a pair of magnetic posts keeps this box locked tight when not in use.[/font]

[font=Arial, Gadget, sans-serif]The original magnetic boxes were made at the end of World War II and during the late 1940’s. Today the original boxes are a treasured collectible item. [/font][font=Arial, Gadget, sans-serif]Dan Gapen, Sr. is not one to sit and wait when good things for the angling public come to mind. Thus, another magnetic was made.[/font]

[font=Arial, Gadget, sans-serif]If you wish to obtain this quality-crafted masterpiece, place your order right away. It’s a gift for the fly fisherman who has everything and loves high quality fishing aids.[/font]

redman

Neal if you want to see a original go to the Iowa Maritime Museum. Cap's fly box is there. I donated it to them. Kathy gave it to me after Cap passed. It belongs to the people not me. At times I feel so Darn old but these reminiscing make me like a young pup again. I keep casting for the river walleyes know there are around just not yet. Weather is still to warm for the fall bite. Another cold front moved thru this morning. One day soon and I will have walleye to eat. Livers and cheeks first on toast then pan fried fillets in butter. Just hope I can score some elephant ear mushrooms to eat with them.

Redman

walleyescrounger

Redman
I'm wanting to make Iowa a stop on my 2018 summer vacation . I want to stop by
the museum. You tube has a pretty good video on it and they show the case
that caps stuff is in. Humboldt would be on my radar to visit you to talk about putting
my writings together on the fishing legends of the iowa Great Lakes .
Neil

Back