"New?" Eagle Claw Pro V Bend hooks

Hawnjigs

KISS
In the 2017 Shortys price list, these are listed with the same stock #s as former "Lil Nastys".  I assume the same hooks were renamed, anyone ordered this year care to comment?  How is the quality of #4 & #2?

Fatman

looked at the Eagle Claw catalog and the only hook listed by that is bait holder hooks and a search of PRO V bend hooks shows nothing.

hookup

I just ordered a bunch of Little Nasties from Barlows

Although I really like the Matzuo brand, I'm starting to like the Eagle claw little nasties because they have better quality control, costs less, and are made in the US

duffy

I too like the EC's much better. Had about 50 Matzuo's in assorted sizes that would break like glass while pulling them out of the mold and even had a couple break in my vice while trying to tie them up. Haven't seen anything about a Pro-V, maybe Shorty's is just renaming them to boost sales.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Just got a box each of "Pro V Bend" #4 & #2 from Shorty's, and the both boxes are labeled "Lil' Nasty". Typical EC crappie quality soft wire and both sizes have an annoying # of points twisted off center from the eyes, tho they don't appear to inhibit 1/16 Pro roundhead mold closure. Points are consistently sharp and barbs better defined than the last (years ago) batch of Matzuo Sickles I got.

Also got several boxes of Mustad 32746 NPBN #2 which are noticeably stouter than the ECs and my light wire choice for lunker potential apps, like big trout. Mentioning because the usually near perfect high end Mustads have a short-long leg issue in this batch. Unfortunately, 32746 #4 remains oddly discontinued by the mfg. Many might disagree, but I'm willing to pay 3x the price of EC for upgrade quality.

Back