Need Mold Work Done

toadfrog

Do any of us here do mold work. I need a couple of things done .most of the big boys are to busy to do it. lots of times an email is mever answered. The mold is already cut . I just need the hook slot changed for a bigger hook. If I had a table top mill drill I could do it my self. But allas my piggy bank is busted again plus the price has gone way up in the last months.

LedHed

Sponsor
CAT did the mold modification on these Do-It PRO-101 1/32nds - very reasonable.

View attachment 6

One was pinned for recessed eyes. The other has the cavities tapered to make the football.

Attachments

• Mold work 001.JPG
    Mold work 001.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 177

toadfrog

Added those sites to favorites Thanks also I sent an email sometime back to CAT have'nt heard back. outlook express won't work for me. don't know if that was the problem.

JUNGLEJIM1

CAT makes some killer molds, he's been pouring some killer soft plastics lately. Led,does the 1/32 ballhead take 2 or 3mm eyes? Both of those look great. Is that a steel penny ? Those are cool. I have a few,bought some leaf rolls,maybe get some more.

LedHed

Sponsor
tf
Know he had some med things going on - plate is probably way to full…

JJ1
Takes a 3mm – this is the one I use with my Tyurown Hardbody jig (all black with glow eyes).
Got some really nice REs with the football this year - sent you some. Yeah – steel penny.

hhawkins

LedHed said:
CAT did the mold modification on these Do-It PRO-101 1/32nds - very reasonable.

One was pinned for recessed eyes. The other has the cavities tapered to make the football.

Ledhead, I've been wanting to take one of my roundhead molds and turn it into 1/32 oz football heads, How much did CAT charge you?

LedHed

Sponsor
Alas Heather - Robert stopped doing mold mods. It wasn't much. You can do it yourself if you can get the right bit and have a drill press.
Makes a killer jig - caught a bunch of big Redear last year using the jig & CK3 pattern.

Fatman

I know he stopped doing mold work but wish we could talk him back into it - or see if Jacobs Molds would start making lead molds.

Shoemoo

If you just need to change the size of the hook slot, wouldn't a Dremel work? Do-It molds are made from aluminum, so it should be pretty soft.

Fatman

Shoe

You can but you have to watch that the back edge where the eyelet sits doesn't get knicked - or the eyes of the jigs are nothing but a solid coat of lead and it's a pain to get off. Be REAL careful if you try it!!!!!!!

Back