Need help identifying jig hook

JUNGLEJIM1

When I was in California last week while looking over Led's vast jig mold and hook collection we came across a jig hook that I thought would fit my wacky jig mold and took some home to check and they fit perfectly. I'm unsure of the maker and would like to find out who makes these so I can order more in different sizes. I believe it's a 28-30 degree bend o'shaunessey,black nickle in probably a 2/0. For comparison it's pictured with a 90 degree 111 gama O'shaunessy 3/0. Here's some of them that I finished. These are 3/32 bunny jigs. These hooks are very sharp,I want to say they are gamas. Do they make hooks like this? If not who does and what hook number are they?
View attachment 1View attachment 2
View attachment 3View attachment 4
View attachment 5

Attachments

• 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 142
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 142
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 142
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 143
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 142

SaltyBuckster

That looks like a Gamakatsu flipping jig hook.I have a bunch in the bigger sizes these are 35* 5/0 wide gap Gamakatsues.You can see that the barbs are the same.Beautifull jigs by the way.These hooks fit perfectly inside of my 60* roundhead molds.

Attachments

• DSC09958.JPG
    DSC09958.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 130

Fatman

Led doesn't know what kind of hook it is!!!! Looked on the Capt Hook site at Gammi jig hooks and the only ones listed are 60 and 90 degree bends. Don't know if Shorty's side of the house carries them or not.

JUNGLEJIM1

The hooks were in a box mailed back in 2005 and no hook style was on the box. They were purchased off ebay back then.They look a lot like the hooks Salty posted.

JUNGLEJIM1

Thanks Ronnie. I'm not positive that these are Gamas.Actually,I hope they aren't because they're not cheap. Especially if I'm wanting to get a few different sizes.

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Jungle if you dont want gamas you can get them in Mustads.

mustad #s
30* = 32886BLN 3/0 smallest
28* = 91768BLN Wide gap 1/0 is smallest

JUNGLEJIM1

Fm,I bought some and got them to fit the larger weight sizes of one of my shaky head molds. They have a large gap and the hook goes into the next size in the mold so I can only do one at a time.I think the hook eye itself is too big and that's why they won't fit the smaller sizes. I probably won't get any more but the hooks are sharp.

smalljaw

Fatman said:
Hey Ron - did you ever try any of those EC Black Pearl hooks??? wondered if any one had a review on them.

Fatman, I have been using the EC Black Pearl (platinum is what they now call them) series in a few different styles for a while and I like them better than Mustad hooks. I made some bass jigs with the EL111BP hook which is a flipping jig hook with an extra wide gap. I made these and I gave one to a friend that will not use any other hooks but Gammakatsu and I told him it was a new hook gammy was coming out with and after fishing it for 2 months he told me wanted only that new hook and then I told him it was an EC...He was mad and that was putting it mildly. I've use that hook, I have the L2798BP flat eye jig hooks and the L570BP jig hooks and they are great, they are very sharp, they don't rust like the old bronze hooks did, and they perform like the Mustad hooks for a lot less money, it is a win win. I've found that they wire is slightly thinner than the Mustad equivilent and it would explain why they pour so easily.

Elken

The jig hook looks like a 28° Mustad 32724BLN Hook, but with an O'shaughnessy bend. I bought some like that off e-Bay a few years ago in approximately size 1/0. They work well in the 1/8 oz Poisontail mold.

JUNGLEJIM1

Thanks for the inormation Elken and welcome to JigCraft. The MUSTAD 91768'S in 1/0 fit in the wacky mold nice. Also found some heavier wire guards that will fit as well.

Back