130.9 KB · Views: 116
  • 1-80 Mylar Tube Jigs 007.JPG
    1-80 Mylar Tube Jigs 007.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 113
  • 1-80 Mylar Tube Jigs 011.JPG
    1-80 Mylar Tube Jigs 011.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 113

Lost Pole

Great video, , Stump. You seem very comfortable and competent behind that camera.
Those are some great looking jigs that look easy enough to tie. How does the Mylar move in water? I especially like the vise. What kind?
Thx for sharing.

Muskygary

Also, where do you get the extra small tubing from. Great video and another jig that will catch them!

StumpHunter

Thanks guys, I do enjoy being able to share tying with other guys that love this hobby.
I buy the small Mylar tube from this Lady on ebay, she ships fast and you get what you order. http://stores.ebay.com/mountainviewfliesandsupplies/Mylar-Tubing-Piping-/_i.html?_fsub=14632992

What makes these jigs work is that the Mylar will move when pulled through the water and has a lot of flash that also shines in different ways as the Mylar moves in the water. It attracts fish because of the flashes it puts off. Tip these with a minnow and you have a killer combo. They add another bait that works to you tackle.

Adam, the vise is a Renzetti cam action Traveler vise. I ordered a arm extension arm that goes on the Dyna-King so I have a handle to turn the vise, had to do some sanding to make it fix but it works great. One of these days I'm going to buy the Dyna-King Barracuda, missed one on ebay this week and someone over bid me by $3. The action ended at 4am and I thought I had the price coved but that's the way it goes.

scrubs

Nice, I'll have to go dig out that shoe box crammed with tubing from fly tying.

bill

Pop

Great video, and I know those jigs will work. I tie almost the same jig but use crystal flash and tip with Gulp minnows. Ordered some mylar from the your ebay source and they saved me money by combining the items into one shipment. Looking forward to trying the mylar. Thanks for the info. Pop

papaperch

Took Stump's idea and ran with it. Added flashy chenille to the mix. I hope I didn't overdo the flash as far as the fish are concerned.

Back