MyBB Errors

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Currently have been having problems with the database/server/software combination..... they do not seem to like to work together anymore. :dodgy: I am researching a fix to this issue, but everything i have tried does not seem to be the cure. I ran an upgrade on one of the software programs this evening, but not sure that will fix the errors. Please bear with me while i attempt to get this fixed.

Have to take the break in the action here to get out and catch some fish. :bigfish:

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Mel. :cheers:

I have been in-and-out on the site since fishing has been so good recently. Been stocking the freezer at any chance i get............... should have been out this evening, the wind was dead calm and humidity had set in. Now (after midnight) the rain is starting to sprinkle in. I bet the fishes were HUNGRY and i missed out!!!!

As for the forum issues, today was a GOOD day with very few errors. I am pointing this out because the WHOLE site will quite possibly shut down as soon as i hit the 'Reply Button' and make me a liar........ it has been doing just that as of late.

Kdog

Russ, it is frustrating from this end and I cannot imagine the aggravation you are having as Administrator. I for one will patiently wait for the issues to get resolved. Data bases are tricky and I remember spending countless hours modifying some existing Access data bases. Several times, it was easier to rewrite the entire program and import the existing data. Unfortunately that is the nature of the beast!

My freezer has lots of fish from this year and still some from last fall. Since my wife cannot eat fish, I already have more than I will eat in a year but I keep adding to the supply, my dogs enjoy fish almost as much as I do and readily enjoy any freezer burned or older fish as well. I still pack it in 2# packs and my fishing buddy does the same.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
It has been frustrating on my end especially considering how long the site has been up and running with very few errors........ does not help that it is happening at the busiest time of the year in my shop, as well as in the middle of spring fishing, and now into camping season as well.

I actually know very little about all the PHP, MySQL, XML, CSS, Scripts, Queries, Databases, and all that fancy crap. I research everything i need to do at that particular time and go one step in front of the other. Do know a little HTML coding, but that doesn't get me very far. I just wing it at the wall and hope something sticks. :D

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Perhaps that last noodle i threw at the wall stuck! Yeah!!! Have not had a single corrupt table or crash since the upgrade.

:cheerleader:

CrappieHappy

AtticaFish said:
Perhaps that last noodle i threw at the wall stuck! Yeah!!! Have not had a single corrupt table or crash since the upgrade.

:cheerleader:

I was gonna say something, but didn't want to Jinx Us.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I know, i have been holding off for that reason. haha Stoopid simple fix too. The dang thing ran on that software version for months with no trouble and then all the sudden started throwing all the errors... i figured that wasn't the problem.

CrappieHappy said:
I was gonna say something, but didn't want to Jinx Us.

Back