My Saltwater Ride

SaltyBuckster

Thanks Heath,this has been harder then it looks for me,lol.In the boat,outta the boat,in the boat,outta the boat.Just finished up all of the boat from the center console, forward,screwed down,all it needs is caulked.The deck is all ready to go in the rear,as soon as all the wire work is done.Maybe tomorrow.I glassed all of the wood,underside and a sheet of mat on the topside,so I never have to do this again.More tomorrow.

blt

Wow, a lot of work put into that, very cool! Bet your glad we had a mild winter. Can't wait to see it in person, and hope you get many years of good use out of it.

SaltyBuckster

I love working on boats.This one is my 3rd boat restoration.Probably the worst one.I like the fact that it was in some guys driveway since 2006 and now it's ready to go on a maiden voyage next weekend,Very Cool.In my eyes,that is,lol.The next one,if there ever is a "Next One" will be a 25' Maco.I was a bodyman for 31 years,restored lots of old JUnkers,Makes me proud,I guess.

BucktailJiger

That will be nice when you get it done and the best thing ,you will know what you have .

SaltyBuckster

It is pretty much a "Labor of Love" especially when I'm backing it off the trailer for the first time next weekend.
Yea it is a hole in the water for money,But you forgot all the fish that will be swimming in that hole also.

SaltyBuckster

Only one seat going in.You'll have to sit on the front deck,there Doc.OR,on the fish box.I'm going to put a rodholder next to it for the net and you can sit on the cutting board waiting for the call,"Net Boy",lol.

blt

Doc Crappie said:
Nice work there Bruce just have one question where are you going to put my lazy boy. Just looking at all the work you have done has made me tired....... I week from today looking forward to it buddy.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Doc, He'll make me sit up front so he can get it up on plane to cruise lol. (I'm not a small guy lol)

SaltyBuckster

Ok,.I think that I;m done and ready to take Doc out next weekend.Everything works,volt gauge,gas gauge,tach,bilge pump,all with a flick of a switch.Decks are installed.Engine starts right up,trim is flawless.Yea,Doc,as you see there is a flash working on this camera.Put in 12 hours on the boat today.

Attachments

• DSC00178.JPG
    DSC00178.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC00179.JPG
    DSC00179.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC00180.JPG
    DSC00180.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC00182.JPG
    DSC00182.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 24

blt

You have to be proud of the work you do. I could not get into this myself. You remind me of that guy on the show NCIS that is building a wooden boat in his basement for fun lol. Can't wait to see it in person.

SaltyBuckster

Only a couple more things needed to be totally done.Will have to wait a couple of weeks or I'll have to move onto it and live,lol.
new cranking battery
transom saver
pair of transom pull down straps
Then that is it!except for lots of gas.

Back