My grandsons first designs

smalljaw

Well we worked with different materials since I began teaching him and out of everything he likes the fish hair as it doesn't flair like bucktail. He wanted to try and make an effective jig with fish hair and I told him he could so we discussed it and this is what he came up with. Both jigs are 1/8oz round heads painted white, the top jig has white fish hair and silver flash for the tail and a body made of gray shad chenille. The bottom jig has a tail made of white fish hair on bottom and silver blue fish hair on top finished with a body of arctic ice chenille.

DSCF10252_zps155361a9.jpg

smalljaw

Thanks guys, he will get good once he has time but right now he has basket ball and before that was football and he only gets a hour or so of free time during the week but if he doesn't have a game on Sundays then he sits with pop-pop and ties jigs. These are also the first he used thw whip finisher on them, before that I used an old pen case and made him a half hitch tool and he liked it but now he is getting use to whip finishing so I think he'll stay with that.

Back