My best material haul yet

Shoemoo

I keep an eye on ebay for scrap fur pieces. I've got enough so I only buy things I really want, but occasionally a deal comes along that's too good to pass up. Got all of this from a single listing. That's a DVD case in a couple of the pictures to show scale.

2012-01-09182931.jpg

Not sure why the camera made some of the pieces look pink in that one. They're all an off-white color.

2012-01-09182430.jpg

2012-01-09181254.jpg

Total cost including shipping... approximately $9.

Fatman

Nice grab!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have to grab them when you can, even if you keep half and trade the other half you're still ahead!!!

Shoemoo

I could hardly believe it when I won, and for such a low price. Most of it is fox or mink, but there are a few pieces that don't seem to be either. Too long for mink, too short for fox.

We should start a materials swap box. I'll be happy to donate some pieces. :)

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
approximately $9.

Wow! I would say a good haul! Mink, Fox.... maybe some coyote in there too. Looks like your cat is enjoying your new purchase as well. :p

Your last picture, both those bottom 2 skins look like beautiful 2-tone colors. :cool:

Shoemoo

Yeah, they're both convinced what I really brought home was a bunch of fur cat toys. He was just waiting to pounce on those fur strips.

I did let him have a few pieces that were mostly leather, and he had a ball rolling around on the floor and kicking them with his back feet.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, they're both convinced what I really brought home was a bunch of fur cat toys.

haha - used to have a cat that would not leave my rabbit skins alone!!! Now-a-days, my old basset hound knows as soon as i get a fresh new bucktail or skin in the house and will not leave my side until i let him sniff it and lick it a few times. He's too lazy tho and after that he will hop on the bed and go to sleep. :p

Shoemoo

Went to throw out the box the stuff came in, and found two more arctic fox pieces buried in the bottom of the box, a 48" x 8" strip and a 4" x 16" strip.

Yup, I made out like a bandit. ;)

Shoemoo

Yeah, don't want to throw the baby out with the bath water. :)

I forgot to mention... I'm up for trades, so if anyone sees something they'd like to get their hands on, send me a PM. I'll trade for powder paint, heads up to 1/4 ounce, and other materials. If you're not sure if I'd be interested, just ask.

Back