Much of what goes into my personal jig boxes...

Pup

Unpainted heads with few frills. Each was tied with materials found at department, fabric, and craft stores. The jigs and krystal flash come from a sporting goods store and a fly shop, respectively.

18unpaint001.jpg

Threads are Trilobal Polyester machine embroidery and 60/40 Nylon to Polyester metallics. Both are round, 40-wt. threads.

These are very easy to tie quickly. Some are designed to be fished without a trailer.

Trailers will consist of Baby Guido Bugs, Arkie Baby Craws, and Yum Chunks.

Pup

LedHed said:
Awesome jigs Pup - great use of materials

Thank you LedHed. :cool:

BTW, I forgot to mention that the hair material is craft fur. The sage green and black-colored fur came from exquisite bolts of "deluxe" craft fur fabric.

Don't be misled. Truly, some nice-looking material can come from fabric stores. Also, the fur has very good action in the water.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Pup, your skill in balancing the material around the hook and front to back is impressive! Other things I like:
1. Darker drab colors with some appearing to have a nice material sheen.
2. Full mid body tapering towards the tail similar to a Clouser minnow.
3. Under tied red & orange accents.

Really, some of the nicest long fiber jig ties I've ever seen.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Ha!! You already know i like em'! :D Viewing your ties got me into the realm of craft fur and i have found myself trying to substitute it into all kinds of different fly/jig patterns now.... :cool:

Pup

Thanks again Guys.

How well does that craft fur hold up?

Very well. I have a field tester who's on his second season with some of my bass jigs. He catches a lot of largemouth bass with them and fishes nearly every weekend.

Back