More Crankbait Victims

ScottV

I pulled crankbaits with a couple of buddies, Steve and Wayne, this morning for 4 hrs.. Came home with 31 crappie, 2 of them black crappie. By the time I cleaned fish, put up the boat, and hauled guts off, I was give out. Can't wait for a little cooler weather.
15f2dab7.jpg

crappiecripplerjigs

Ninja indeed. Nice catch. I'm gonna have to look into this crankbait crappie fishing. My fear of losing a $5-$8 lure keeps me using topwater lures most of the time !!

Stevej

crappiecripplerjigs said:
Ninja indeed. Nice catch. I'm gonna have to look into this crankbait crappie fishing. My fear of losing a $5-$8 lure keeps me using topwater lures most of the time !!
Make or buy a plug knocker, it saves a lot of money. Maybe later after Scott takes his nap he will go out to his boat and take a pix of the one I made.

ScottV

crazy angler said:
Throw away all Your jig supplies! NOW!

I can't, I just ordered more from you last night! LOL About Oct. the crappie will be back on the jigs and I need plenty of ammo.

ScottV

crappiecripplerjigs said:

Alright Travis, here is a pic of the plug knocker or hanger or getter off a stumper. You undo the swivel and put it around your line. Then you let it down your line to your hung-up $5 crankbait while holding on to the nylon cord. You jiggle it a time or two and the treble hooks will get caught in the little chain. Then you can pull your crankbait loose. By the way, SteveJ is my fishing partner who just joined up. Welcome!
IMG_5874.jpg

Back