More Chenille Flukes & Worms

Pup

Tied the following lures before my recent trip to Tennessee. Had good intentions of using them there, but the situations did not warrant it. Hopefully, I still have a chance this fall to fish them in proper situations.

oct27y2011a003.jpg

Have discontinued using bungee cord rubber in favor of leather boot lace. It has an action similar to the rubber when wet. Also, note that I've begun tying two-tone worms with chartreuse tails.

Pup

Thank you for your comments Guys. :)

Doc,

The action is similar to a french fry or senko. Hope to have a better idea of how the bass like them beginning the spring of 2012.

toadfrog

I sure am curious to see what you get on them . Really thinking outside the box on those . Great looking don't know that I ever saw anything like them . But I'm willing to bet a big ole bass will eat it.

Pup

Thank you for your kind words Toadfrog, Doc, and LedHed. :)

Pup, what is the longest you make these in

Doc,

So far, a 7.5-inch fluke/worm has been my longest. It's impractical, but I could make one as long as 72 inches. That's the total length of one leather boot lace. Though, I think I'd be sick of this by the time I finished wrapping the chenille. ;)

ScottV

Those are neat Pup. I can see there's lots of work that goes into them. Make you want to go swimming if you get hung. Lol

Pup

Here's a footnote about longer chenille flukes/worms. I tied 9.5-inch long versions over this weekend. It's not as much fun for me to wrap them this length.

worm0010.jpg

My fingers begin to cramp and tire after pinching and wrapping about 6.5 inches. The second worm down in the picture shows a bluish ring (might call it a clitellum :dodgy: ) that is the result of a bad repair with cyanoacrylate glue and a fabric marker. I'd made a wrapping mistake that I attribute to cramping.

However, I do look forward to fishing these. Each is tied on a weedless 3/0 bronze hook.

Though, if the results warrant it, I'll try to forget all about the cramping and wrap more of these. ;)

SaltyBuckster

I can see a bigger bass inhaling one of these and getting hooked,But,what abput the smaller ones yanking on that tail?That baby should have at least three hooks in it,lol.

Pup

SB, No small bass are allowed to bite these. Rules are rules. ;)

FM, With the weather my area will be having this week, I could be out field testing these. :)

Without doubt, these are probably the most laborious and tedious things that I tie. They truly become challenging to me at wraps beyond a length of about 6.5 inches. :beat-up:

Back