Mold with prewarm cavity

Mike

View attachment 8I just got a new Do-It JNR-6-A round head jig mold. It has a cavity to prewarm the mold. Works pretty good. Is this something new, or do other Do-It molds have this? Just curious. I only have a few molds now but have several others I would like to get.

Attachments

• JNR-6-A Mold.jpg
    JNR-6-A Mold.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 80

Edgecrusher

I've seen on some older molds I've bought, to be honest I avoid molds with them, simply as I feel it can limit hook choices.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Nice mold - cover a lot of apps with those sizes. In my Do-it collection, only random 1/32 and smaller head molds have the pre-warm cavities. I mostly don't even use them as a few full over the top blank pours does the job, and also cleans loose grit out of the cavities.

Kdog

My 1/32 has the warm up slott and I used it a few times but decided it was not worth the effort, 4 or 5 dry pours (no hooks) and I am ready to go. Some time back I had an order of 3/0 hooks and modified 3 cavities to accept the larger hooks. Needless to say, my warm up slot needed relieving as well

hookup

I've used them to pre warm molds and to pour 'sticks' of lead when melting bulk lead

Fatman

I prefer the old molds without it - because it allows for using larger hooks than what they list.

100_1709-1.jpg

3-4 pours without hooks gets it heated up

Mike

It makes since what you guys are saying about the ability to use different hooks, I hadn't really thought about that yet. I only have 4 molds so far and this was the first one that had the prewarm slot. Sounds like it's a Do-it thing on molds that have small sizes.

Back