Mold storage?

Uncle Grump

How do your store your molds (lead or plastic)?

My inventory is 40+, and the cardboard box I've been using for them is becoming overwhelmed by the weight.

Thanks

UG

hookup

Small plastic locking storage bins I get at the dollar store

bucktail

I have a lead tote ,keep all my tools ,furnace and molds together.in a dry spot covered when not I use.

gaspumper

I use a 3 drawer filing cabinet,paper work in top drawer,powder paint and fluid beds in middle drawer,all molds in bottom drawer.

Hawnjigs

KISS
I store my Do-its in 15"x5" 4 mil plastic bags in currently 9 used large size Priority Mail flat rate boxes arranged by type. Each box can fit up to a dozen.

Muskygary

I hung peg board up in my yard barn. Hang my lead molds up on it. Plastic molds get stored in big plastic boxes according to type.

Kdog

Storing molds for me is simple, I have a work bench with 7 4" tall by 30" deep storage drawers each of which can hols as many as 36 molds if you have the patience to make them all fit. I have 3 dedicated to mold storage, and a small pegboard for my popular molds. When I first started accumulating molds, I stored them in a yardsale tool box, 4 drawers that could hold 8 molds in each drawer. Little did I think that I would have run out of room.

My next step is to make a true storage box, a bunch of cubby holes 2-1/4 wide, 5" tall by 11-1/12 deep I figure in a wall space 24" by 48" I can store 40 molds, ready for easy access and neatly and safely stored.

Nightprowler

I have the wire 12X12 rack with the plastic ends that hold the it together. Zip-Tie 2 more shelves in between. Each rack holds 5 Do-Its across. Spreadsheet inventory and Bradey printed labels.Pics if you want.
Herb

toadfrog

Every thing lure making related goes on peg hooks . Because if I can't see it I can't find it .

Uncle Grump

Thanks all.....been away from the fishing seen again (<sigh>) for a while. To much time spent fielding interrupts from other sources....

I appreciate the ideas. smallieking - wow! Your space is great - love your pics.

My storage solution for now is a Rubbermaid style plastic tub w/ a lid. Stronger than the cardboard box, but access to the molds is still a pain.

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas.

UG

Back