Modified Spinner

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Glad the Hybrid Tackle section was suggested (thanks LH) , wouldn't know where else to post this one. Had some old small crappie spinnerbaits that the skirts came off and paint looked bad so gave them a make over....

View attachment 3
View attachment 4

Pretty much an in-line spinner but with a single instead of treble hook. I ended up cutting the wire right at the "r" bend of the spinner arm and put the bead and blade back on the short wire. Then just bent the wire with needlenose to make an eye and added a split ring. The wire may bend back out if i hook a large fish, not sure, but the blade turns pretty easily. Not given a good test to them yet, only running tests in my pond....

Forgot to mention... the hair is rabbit zonkers, black on top and gray on bottom. The tinsel is some fat christmas tinsel i picked up at the dollar store.

Attachments

• 101_0992_e.jpg
    101_0992_e.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 117
  • 101_0993_e.jpg
    101_0993_e.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 117

Hawnjigs

KISS
JiggerJohn designed a prop on shank bladed jig, and limited time field testing rocked my boat ! AF, I think your spinner blade jig will pitch you overboard ! That glitter head - zonker flash tie is superb!

baitmaster

Attica,
That is awsome, one killer combo. Great idea. Is the mold a standard or custom for pouring the spinner wire?

papaperch

oranges.jpg

greenies.jpg

pinkies.jpg

These are guaranteed big crappie lures. If you are after quality fish try making up some of these in 1/16 and 1/8 oz with no 2 blades. Guys from crappie dot com have already seen these. Figured I would see if posting pix here worked like every other place. It do . Using photobucket is the only way I know to do it.:p

OKSTATEjiggy

Attica- those look flippin awesome! Colors, flash, spinner blade= crappie, sandbass, hybrids, stripers, bass, saugeye... fantastic. You have really figured out those zonker strips.

papaperch- your spinners are killer too. And yeah, photobucket rocks

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
baitmaster said:
Is the mold a standard or custom for pouring the spinner wire?

Actually just dismembered some old store bought spinnerbaits. Ended up shaving the lead to the shape i wanted with a sharp knife.

OKSTATEjiggy said:
You have really figured out those zonker strips.

Yeah, i am reeeeeaaaly liking them. You should see this thing wet!! :cool:

Fatman

Attica

Nice looking bait but I think your gonna have to put an eyelet on those - depending on the wire diameter a good size fish is gonna take your bait

Back