Minnow Head Jig with Wire Keeper - JMWB-7-A

Kdog

Several weeks ago I bought a new Do-It mold - one of their new for 2014 Minnow Head Jig with Wire Keeper - JMWB-7-A
7 Cavity mold, 1/48, 1/32, 1/16, 1/8, 3/16, 1/4, 3/8.

Having played with it several hundred cast thus far, will only say, I like the head shape and the wire keepers. Still waiting on the cost of the keepers to drop. Since I do not use the Larger Jigs, I have not cast them (waiting on a hook order from Grandpas) I have cast the 1/48, 1/32, 1/16 and 1/8 and the following photos have a standard 1/32 ball head (blue with white/black eye) for comparison. They can be cast with or without the keeper

Nice big head for the size Better platform for color combos and artistic endeavors!

http://s791.photobucket.com/user/kglaub1/library/JWMB7A jigs

LedHed

Sponsor
Looks good KD. I got this mold and am severely disappointed with mine. Eye sockets are jacked up - won't get a clean head & eyes with the small sizes.

Kdog

LedHed said:
Looks good KD. I got this mold and am severely disappointed with mine. Eye sockets are jacked up - won't get a clean head & eyes with the small sizes.

My eye sockets arent perfect but I found that by cleaning the mold, dusting with baby powder, I get good heads.

I hold the sprue in my hand and hold the jig with pliers and get a very clean break

I have a bit of mismatch but it cleans up with a quick file wipe. Really not noticeable But it bugs me so I wipe it off.

Kdog

chill49 said:
Have a question does the sprue twist off without loosing the head are do you have to cut it off and clean your head

Just twist off, I use soft lead and pour fairly cold ~525 F

Back