Mike's Reel Repair

Hawnjigs

KISS
Left email messages at several USA shops and only Mike's in BC Canada responded re: Daiwa Capricorn 1500 mainshaft and oscillating slider. Older reel so the on island authorized dealer here didn't even offer to look for the parts, and a friend in main city Honolulu on other island Oahu came up with zip at all the tackle shops there that service reels. So, Mike's friendly front gal took my order and payment and after over a month I was getting worried, but today got the parts in the mail. Factory OEM #s and I am pleased! Thumbs up!

Pup

Did you try Daiwa first? I've found that a few manufacturers will send the affected parts for free, depending upon their availability, with older models.

Have referred to Mike's schematics plenty of times. They have a decent forum for repair advice. :)

Next up, for me, is an Ambassadeur 5500C (Foot No. 771203) that requires an anti-reverse dog replacement. Its part is on the way from an Ebay Seller in MN.

Will become my "ultralight" musky reel, once fixed.

Hawnjigs

KISS
I suppose I could have dug deeper, but the Daiwa website parts link was disabled. Mikes's $22 was reasonable for obtaining the parts from who knows where and delivering to HI.

Checked eBay Ambassadeurs and you can actually get a new 5500C - bit pricey tho.

Back