Metal Flash Jigs

Hawnjigs

KISS
Rather a confusing topic, since many published jig icons report success on simple hair only ties.  Noticing Bucho's recent post of his successful underspin jig for zander and my recent walleye success with BooHUs (JiggerJohn's shank propeller design on a bead collar Hooksup head) I'm thinking that metal spin flash MIGHT add significant attraction to jigs for targeting walleye at night.  In fact, last outing I switched to a plain jighead with a formerly effective softie during a good bite and quite a few casts yielded zero bites.  Retying the previous (orange head) BooHU got bit on the first cast !

Here's a link to a raising the bar underspin jig creation. 
https://glasswaterleadfreelures.com/store

hookup

Hawn - good post, but imho an angler should try both - the simple hair only ties and a metal flash - and let the fish tell you which one they prefer

I've had days when blades were key and other days when they were fish detractors

edit - keep in mind, my experience comes mostly from small mouth bass

Hawnjigs

KISS
Yup wallys at nite & sunshine smallies may be different ball games.

I'm thinking (too hard?) that max visibility is an asset at night, hence my preference for shiny propellers and pearl softies.

Keep in mind that I only started seriously targeting nite wallys a few weeks ago since the wiper crash this year. Work in progress may be done for the year as nite temps have dipped well below freezing. and line iced to the guides or spool wraps is highly inconvenient.

Kdog

Whistler JIg is a commercial jig with a propeller. is good walleye jig in late spring. Although I prefer tipping with a crawler, I have had success with a 2 to 3 inch buck tail and some Kalin grubs, far and away where I fish night crawler is king

Back