Memorial Day Weekend

Kdog

I just finished a long post and felt it was time to remind everyone that this is Memorial Day Weekend and ask that you take a few moments to pay your respects to those who have fallen preserving our way of life. My family has given dearly over the years starting with the American Revolution, Civil War, WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Gulf War, Afganistan and the Iraq war. Currently no one is serving on active duty so we have much to be thankful for and a lot of names to remember.

I maintain the family bible and have for the last 35 years. Reading the faceless names of those family members is always sobering and having known the fallen from Vietnam (4 family members) Gulf war (1 family member) Afganistan (2 family members) Iraq War (1 family member). I remember bouncing a couple of those who have fallen on my knee during the holidays, and fishing with each of them when they were children. The loss is painful, but I am thankful for their willingness to serve and the ultimate sacrifice that they and their immediate families have made.

Hats off to those who have served and survived and a silent prayer of thanks for those who have served and given their life for our freedom.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Thanks for the reminder - I'll email my brother. Communicating with him is a pill cuz he's such a surly MF which a Southeast Asia vacation exacerbated. And his father in law is even worse - what in HI we call a samurai Jap.

hookup

Thank you to all who served for our freedom & welcome home.

StumpHunter

Many have given their life for the freedom well have. My family like many others have loss family members while serving our great country, God bless each one.

Uncle Grump

Was at Ft Snelling (Twin Cities) National Cemetery yesterday. So many grave stones - it's hard to take in/comprehend.

We (citizens of this nation) owe an incredible amount of thanks to them.

UG

Back