Mayfly color?

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
I started out trying to come up with a good grass shrimp color. Results arent a good grass shrimp but I really like the brown color on these! Ive tried and tried to get a good pic of it (Even tried AF's idea of cropping out a black and white object). It has alot of coppery pearl in it. Do you think it will make a good mayfly color?

Anyway back to work on a good grass shrimp! Ha any ideas?

mayfly1.jpg

mayfly.jpg

toadfrog

Yea buddy, that color works. Doing laminates drives me nuts . Hats off to you pard.

Jig Man

No reason why those wont catch Ron. Looks good... mayflys in my area are a lighter color more yellow than brown....

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Yeah the mayflys are lighter here also. What about the scrimps? Here theyre basically a transparent brown.

Fatman

Nice looking baits - checked out your site but didn't see the small one that looks like a ribbed grub body with the paddle tail.

Is that one of your new ones???

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Ha Fatman I havent done anything to my website in quite a while! Ive had that mold just havent posted much of it. PM your addy and i will send ya some. I'll shoot ya some next time im making run.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Hex mayflies around here are a variety of colors and sizes - have seen them everything from a near chart. yellow to to olive to a dark brown, almost black - but the brown mix you have is pretty close to the majority rule. Would be a toss up between that and maybe a dirty yellow.

Nice color and really like the black flake added in! Those would also make a close color mimic to some of the chubs in my area as well. :cool:

Back