matzuo aberdeen jighooks non sickle

redear

I have a jig project where the matzuo regular round bend jighook in size 4 would be perfect, the only problem is that I can only find them in bronze. Do any of you know where I can find the size 4 in black chrome? I don't have access to shorty's. redear

Kdog

I see them on ebay from time to time.. so I know they exist. You may want to try ebay

Fatman

You could call Capt Hooks and see if they have them, but just not listed on the site. They list an aberdeen red chrome, so they might have them. Can't hurt to call.

redear

kdog, I saw those the other day, they are the extra strong version of what I'm looking for. I;m gonna be making crappie jigs so those are a little stout, I have some in bronze and poured some today, 3/32 collared oval head for hair jigs, we will see how these work out, I'm sure rust will happen with the bronze. we put a minnow on the back and these hooks are sharp and most of them have a decent size barb that will hold a minnow I'm hoping. I have some vmc blk, chrome 9147 jighooks too but the matzuos seem a touch longer and a tad sharper, splittin hairs here. lol kip

redear

I went on crazy angler the other day to order some of these matzuo non sickle jighooks in size 4 and low and behold they were also listed in gold, so I ordered a box. I like the sickles but for a jig meant for tipping with a minnow I look for a hook with a little larger barb, these hooks look like they might work, they are super sharp too.

redear

I recieved the gold aberdeen non sickles the other day and they look great for the price. They were very sharp with a point that looked chemically sharpened possibly and it was cone shaped and straight, the barbs varied a little from hook to hook and none could be called big, they were about like the sickles, with some possibly a little larger. the gold finish was beautiful and glossy, really shiney! and the ones I looked at all had accurate 90 degree legs to the eyelet, I wished the barbs were a little larger like the ones the bronze version of the same hook which I bought several years ago, but thats only because I want to add a minnow to the jigs, will just hand select the larger barbed ones for this purpose.

goodtimesfishing

redear- have you ever seen/heard of a product called "bait buttons"? You mentioned the barb to help keep minnow on hook and thought you might benefit from the bait buttons. I use them when tipping jigs with tiny piece of shrimp for steelhead. The bait buttons keep the shrimp/bait up high on the shank and helps keep your bait on the hook.

Fatman

x2 on a piece of rubber band or get a small paper hand punch and a clear plastic coffee can lid and punch a bunch of clear plastic circles and use those

Back