Making AC Shiner Lures

Pup

Found this video while reading at another site this AM. Thought that it was interesting on a number of different levels. I know that I really appreciate the time it takes the hard bait makers to produce their work. Paint detailing and finishing are just two of the skills I've acquired from studying the work of wooden lure craftsmen.

I believe that you'll enjoy this video.

[video=youtube]

StumpHunter

Awesome video, to see him work on them and test them in the tank is a pleasure. Not much still made here in the USA. Thanks for sharing the video with us.

Jig Man

Talkin with a friend of mine earlier today about stuff made across the pond. Use it and toss it. bUt there are exceptions to the rule. Thanks for posting.

smalljaw

That was AWESOME!!!! Those are fish catchers and it is the very lure that got me hooked on using jerkbaits for bass as once I learned to use that I then found the Smithwick Rogue which was made in similar fashion until the late 1980's. I loved the Neil Young music that was used in the video, a really good song and pefect for that video.

AndyLane

I came across this video a while back when I started making wooden fishing lures. I primarily liked making topwater poppers and jerk baits. Being a collector of antique fishing lures I have always appreciated and been fascinated with the craftmanship of wooden lures. I need to start making them again. I kinda drifted away from them when I started tying jigs. These are the first few lures I made. I need to take pics of some of the more recent ones.
View attachment 4

Attachments

• DSCN1482.jpg
    DSCN1482.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 51
Back