LP 07/27/12

baitmaster

I met up with Mealworn and Tim (non member) for a day of fishing, at famous Lake Perris. After fishing a few spots, mealworm put us on a nice pile of fish in deep water. Most fish were caught in 40'-50' of water. Mealworm was working them on the bottom, I was working them a little higher at 15' from the surface. The finder showed fish from top to bottom and the catch proved it. I will note that the large fish were closer to the bottom. All together we live welled 46 fish with 6 of them being in the 10" range. All in all, it was a fabulous day of fishing.
View attachment 3
View attachment 4
View attachment 5
View attachment 6
View attachment 7
View attachment 8
View attachment 9

Attachments

• photo_1.JPG
    photo_1.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 77
  • photo_2.JPG
    photo_2.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 77
  • photo_3.JPG
    photo_3.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 77
  • photo_5.JPG
    photo_5.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 77
  • photo_6.JPG
    photo_6.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 77
  • photo_7.JPG
    photo_7.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 77
  • photo_8.JPG
    photo_8.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 77

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Sweet! Glad to hear you got out and looks like you found some brutes.

Catching them on bottom in 40-50 FOW...... do they come up with their swim bladder inflated from the pressure change? It gets iffy' right around that depth on Erie with the yellow perch.

baitmaster

Thanks everyone. It was a nice day.

AF, When we get them to the top sometimes the eyes and tail end hole (being nice here) are bulging. When that happens there is little chance of survival if released. Alot of them even died in the live well on this trip.

HJ,
We use 1/32-1/8 oz jigs on 2# test and ultralight rods. You gotta pay attention or you miss llits of bites.

JSC

Good lookin bunch of fish ... Hard for me to imagine catchin them out of that deep a water.

Back