Lots of glitter

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Have been painting up a few bigger heads to tie up for walleye jigs. A friend on another forum wanted some and told him i would barter some away.  Sure is fun to paint these flat side heads.  Lots of room to work.  Whole lotta glitter involved along with pearl pigments and mica powder.  The 2 'eyeball' heads were more for fun.  Will tie those up and keep them for myself.  Not sure if a walleye would want to eat... or be scared of..... a roaming, hairy eyeball.

View attachment 1

View attachment 2

Attachments

• 20180115_185913_e.jpg
    20180115_185913_e.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 124
  • 20180115_185627_e.jpg
    20180115_185627_e.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 124

smallieking

AtticaFish said:
Have been painting up a few bigger heads to tie up for walleye jigs. A friend on another forum wanted some and told him i would barter some away.  Sure is fun to paint these flat side heads.  Lots of room to work.  Whole lotta glitter involved along with pearl pigments and mica powder.  The 2 'eyeball' heads were more for fun.  Will tie those up and keep them for myself.  Not sure if a walleye would want to eat... or be scared of..... a roaming, hairy eyeball.
Nice paint jobs, wish I had that talent. Mine don't look anything like that. Ha

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Jig Man

Those look good AF, you got that paintin down. I got some you did for e awhile back under lock and key... with an armed guard!

duffy

Wow you got that glitter down pat! Mine either runs to one side or by the time I get done dippin their twice the size I started with.  :D

JUNGLEJIM1

Very nice paint job on all of them. I bet those took awhile to paint. I found a product called Liquid Diamonds used in nail polish that is super fine and makes heads really sparkle. I've been using it mainly as an overcoat after the dip and brush tapping, heating the head one time only I can get up to four colors plus the overcoat. I used to paint all my eyes but mainly use 3-d eyes now but when I do paint eyes I use acrylic paint pens. will have to post pictures. Stuff works great on blades too.

Hawnjigs

KISS
The round heads pic really shows the sparkly gleam of mica powder. I notice my mica painted heads seem more resistant to damage.

gaspumper

I eye my jigs with a acrylic craft paint made by Craftsmart the paint can be baked at 350 degrees,seems to melt into the powder paint when baked.

Back