looking for trolling spoon blanks

Bucho

Hi,

I`m still looking for some spoon blanks to dress with shell veneer. Just got some excellent samples from a small finish company but unfortunately couldn`t agree on a reasonable price.

Ideally around 3-4", smooth, brass or similar non-corrosive and effective on brown trout. I once bought some flutter spoons from Barlows but haven´t tested it yet. Has anybody experience with it? 

I can find all sorts of spoon blanks via google, it would be nice to learn about a model that has actually proven itself and is worth the investment. Got little time on the water, small advertising budget and shell veneer is a lot of work so I`m looking for a dog that will hunt.  

The willy lures on Hagen`s look interesting, they remind me of the apex lure which is very successfull over here. Any info is apreciated.

hookup

Bucho said:
 I once bought some flutter spoons from Barlows but haven´t tested it yet. Has anybody experience with it? 

I've bought allot of spoons from Barlows for inlines & spinnerbaits.  With the blades, you get what you pay for.  Some of my earlier inlines have corroded blades - just fishing and storing.  But buy a quality blade, and you'll get some light corrosion over time in storage, but nothing that can't easily be buffed out.

Back