Looking for cheap used or new ingot mold.

meltleadalot2693

I am looking for a used or new ingot mold for really cheap. I would like a Lee, Lyman, RCBS, or any good quality ingot mold that makes bullion style 1 lb lead ingots. Message me if you have one for really cheap.

meltleadalot2693

I like to work with lead. I pour egg sinkers and I make ingots. I have a split shot mold but the lead I have is not soft enough for that. I do want to put my lead pouring to good use and make things.

Jig Man

hunter7711 said:
I'm curious. Do you do anything but work with lead? Do you pour heads or tye jigs? Or do you just play with lead?

The name fits..........:target:

toadfrog

My friend I just use things like asian made cast iron muffin pans , cast iron corn bread stick pans ect . pick them up at flea markets and thrift stores . Never have paid more than 5 bucks for one . Unless somebody gives me one you just don't get any cheaper than that .

LedHed

Sponsor
mla - If nobody can help you here - Craig's list is a good place to hunt for pouring equipment. Ingot molds on ebay go for ~$20 used. Have found them cheaper at swapmeets & flea markets.

meltleadalot2693

Thank you for the help. I really appreciate the helpful people I meet here, didn't know you could find them there. I will look for ingot molds at the sources you mentioned, such as Ebay or Craig's list. Thanks again. The reason I was looking for cheap ingot molds, is because I use muffin tins as ingot molds and want something that stacks better.

Jig Man

While you search you might check out lead weight molds scuba divers use... I used to have one, two, and three pounders. They would stack very well... Could happen!!!

Fatman

Melt

If you look around you can find the old corn bread pans. They work great, this is one my wife got me at the flea market last year
100_1015.jpg

Hawnjigs

KISS
I got a flea market cast iron bread stick(?) pan that appears to be made by the same mfg. as "Fatman"s. Pours five 6"x1" ingots weighing about 1-1/2 lbs. each. Keeping it, just letting you know its out there.

Back