Looking for any lead. Must not have zinc in it.

meltleadalot2693

I am at the point where I will buy any type of lead. I will buy it if it is 30 cents a pound. I don't care if the lead is hard or soft. Just want to increase my stockpile. It CANNOT have any zinc in it.

Fatman

Melt

I'm sorry to say but I just don't see anyone selling you lead any type for 30 cents a pound. You're just gonna have to get out and do some leg work or get on the phone and make some calls.

Shoemoo

Check tire stores and firing ranges in your area. You might get some for free. You'll probably need to sort it yourself, though.

SaltyBuckster

Melt,go down to your local tire shop and tell the guys working there to save the old tire weights for you.They'll throw them into a bucket and when you stop in once a week throw one a couople bucks and he'll make sure there is lead for you to pick up next time.It'll give you something to do and you'll have all the sinkers that you care to pour.

fishhunter775

Future Sponsor
Not sure about huis area but the tire shops in sw Ark have gotten wise,they are now charing anywhere form 35.00 to 40.00 per 5 gallon bucket for used weights.Also add they arent sorted and have trash in it as well sometimes,good luck in your search

Fatman

A lot of the bigger ones here in Vermont won't even save them for anyone!!! They send them to a re-cycler for the extra cash. So if you find a place that will take good care of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

meltleadalot2693

Went to pull-a-part today, got 21.8 pounds of tire weights for free. Just had to do a lot of work pulling them off the vehicles. Even met a plumber and gave him our number to call us if he wants to give us his plumbing lead away. He said he will give it to us for free. The lead he has is from lead joints on pipes. I hope he calls.

Shoemoo

Well, there you go.

I'm kind of curious, though... Didn't you have about 180 pounds of lead for sale not too long ago? What happened to that?

Back