Long Craft Fur ???

SaltyBuckster

Doing all of these super big bucktails have got me thinking to use craft fur for the ones over 2 oz.The bucktails just are not long enough.We must breed a deer that has 6 to 8" tails,lol.Does anyone buy craft fur that is long?Like around 6" or better?I can't find it anywhere.If you have gotten some long stuff give me a brand name so I can find it.Thanks.

toadfrog

Wait until Halloween is over then buy the wigs and stuff on clearance at the dollar shops ect.

Lost Pole

Almost forgot! Pre bday party drinkdom.
0ed40ad5.jpg

Gotta a yellow chartreuse and I think pink.

Shoot me a message if u want 'em. And whatever else I might have you need.

SaltyBuckster

Thanks Lost Pole,but that is what I have also.Great for crappie jigs.Use it up.That green and the yellow chartruese would make a great crappie jig.Use a black head, and black thread.The hairs won't cover up a 6/0 hook on my bucktails.Thank you for your offer though.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I have only seen craft fur that long in one place and my daughter wont let me rip the tail off her humongous stuffed pony to get it! :D So it is made somewhere - just not sure where you can get it from.

Check out some local mom n' pop craft shops, they may be able to at least give you ideas where to look. Halloween wigs would work, possibly doll hair too.... let us know if you turn up something interesting!

SaltyBuckster

That just might be the ticket Happy.I saved it am going to look into some grey and blue horsetails,lol.6 ozers here wecome.Thanks

SaltyBuckster

You don't use bucktail either?lol.Throw it in a box,all the crap that you don't like and in the next couple of weeks I will buy it from you.The beginning of next month.I went waaayyy over my fishing crap limit this month with the purchase of a boat that you all will see really soon,lol.

Lost Pole

I just have those couple things and I have some excess harbor freight powder. No need to buy. Just pm your address and I'll send it when I get time.

redman

Salty I have use fish hair in the past for a couple of the walleye jigs that I tied. That was in the day when they were the only one that had a particular color that we could not match. They have it up to 10 inches long so know that you will be able to have the length that you need. A pound will go along ways but I bet that they know of a retailer or Etailer that will sell you the amount you need. http://www.fishhairenterprises.com/fishair.php

Here is another products that you may want to take a look at. I have bought from this company and they are good. Will buy from them again if I ever need some of there lure making supplies. http://lurepartsonline.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=1852

Redman

Pup

The longest craft fur that I've used to date is called Targus Foxxfur. Its maximum fiber length is about 4 inches.

LRB

I have some long craft hair, from the legs of a buffalo...the only problem, is, it is solid black, don't think it can be dyed....it is also somewhat coarse and wirey....

ML~~

Attachments

• 100_4537.JPG
    100_4537.JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 17
Back