Lee Pro 4-20 for plastic

LedHed

Sponsor
Think I have 8. They are the same as the lead pot with a lower temp controller. You have to be real careful watching the temp and stirring. Probably better to nuke your plastic then add to the Lee. I think Lee offers a stainless replacement pot - you might want to go that route for easier cleaning - especially if you are going to use salt. Some of the pots I have were used with salt and they got rusted up.

JSC

I have had a couple but found that the presto pot was the best way for me to go.
Don't get me wrong the Lee can pour real well but it is best to "Mike" your plastic and use the pot to pour.
Hope that helps.

:)

Shangri-La Camp

I have not started pouring plastic yet but I would like to pour senkos up to 6" in length, and crayfish up to 5". I'd really like to know if the bottom pourer is better or worse then an injector. I'm a little worried it might not fill the cavity the way an injector would. I'd like to pour in high quantity to sell locally. Any advice would be awesome. My shakey head jigs are sellin well, so this will add on to what i've started....

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Your best bet is to start out with an injector and microwaving the plastic. You can cook small batches in the mic and in just a few minutes. As time goes on an you build up a customer base you can step up to using presto pots. Speed is a big factor in making baits so the more molds you have of the same bait the better! Be glad to help anyway I can.

LedHed

Sponsor
If you hand pour you can go the Lee pot (I have the IV not 4-20). Would be just as easy to use Plexiglas measuring cups and a dedicated micro wave.

RD has melted a batch or two and does know what he's talking about.

Haven't looked in a while but tackleunderground.com has a lot of stuff on pouring plastic.

Back