Lead price?

Uncle Grump

All

Just picked up 70# of x-ray room lead (soft, sheet lead) for $1.00/lb - this is the most I've paid over the last 3 years. Last summer I got it for $0.65/lb at the same place....this is in SE MN.

How does this compare to your area?

UG

Jiggin Joe

$1 a pound for that lead is a good deal at a center in owatonna they want about .65 a lb but it isnt anything near as good as that lead. I might have to hit you up for the location ;) and on ebay you can get it for about a buck other wise everywhere else for pure lead I found is about 2.15 so i would be happy paying $1 for it.

JJ

LedHed

Sponsor
Been getting my lead free - nephew works for a hazardous waste company – brings me all I want. Plus I get to dispose of the lead at work. They just decommissioned some radiation hoods – supposed to be a lots of sheet and brick…. And its doing them a favor!

If you are getting clean lead for $1/lb, you are doing real good.

Uncle Grump

LH

You lucky devil - free! Uff-da!!

Mine is not 'clean' - in that it still has sheetrock paper & scraps attached to it, etc.....but it is very soft.

UG

Iowabucks

Uncle Grump said:
All

Just picked up 70# of x-ray room lead (soft, sheet lead) for $1.00/lb - this is the most I've paid over the last 3 years. Last summer I got it for $0.65/lb at the same place....this is in SE MN.

UG

Can you just contact a hospital and ask to buy old x-ray room lead, or do you have to know an insider?

Uncle Grump

Iowabucks said:
Uncle Grump said:
All

UG

Can you just contact a hospital and ask to buy old x-ray room lead, or do you have to know an insider?

Iowabucks....

The lead I picked up was from a scrap dealer, but it came from a local hospital in my area.

UG

LedHed

Sponsor
Welcome Iowabucks

Can't hurt to contact hospitals - you probably want to talk to someone in the Maintenance Department. Pharmaceutical companies and College/Universities are also good places to look.

Back