Lead mold modification

crappiecripplerjigs

I purchased a 1/8 oz. round head mold recently that had been modified to accept a crane swivel on two of the heads. After seeing this I decided to modify one myself. I'm using a 1/16 round head mold. I've completed a couple heads to accept a crane swivel with my dremel tool. I'm looking for information on pins for recessed eyes. How is this done. I know a hole is drilled but what can be used for pins?? Appreciate any information if anyone knows how to do this.

upnort16

Once the hole is drilled to location and size, a dowel pin, drill rod, round rod of desired diameter should be press fit into position. Mind you we're talking shallow hole, small pieces and a light press fit. Use a bit of care, take your time and it will work out fine. Material selection should not be hard to come by, just so it is a substance able to withstand heat and repeated uses.

LedHed

Sponsor
Drill eye holes on one side of the mold first. Close the mold and use the first drilled holes for guides to drill out the other eye holes.

You can use any round stock for the pin. Not sure what crazy angler uses.

toadfrog

I was just about to do one today using LedHed's method . The only difference is I am going to try a pop rivet . It will be easier to remove if I don't like it.

toadfrog

LedHed said:
Drill eye holes on one side of the mold first. Close the mold and use the first drilled holes for guides to drill out the other eye holes.

You can use any round stock for the pin. Not sure what crazy angler uses.

Attachments

• eighth oz mojo 001.jpg
    eighth oz mojo 001.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 217
  • eighth oz mojo 002.jpg
    eighth oz mojo 002.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 216

DrCrappie

You might try mixing up a touch of JB weld...put a tiny dab in the places you want the eyes. let it set up and give it a pour...it could be modified with a dremel tool with a tiny bit to get it perfect...

Back