LAKE PERRIS GILLS

JUNGLEJIM1

First,I'd like to thank Ledhed for being a great host on my fishing trip to Perris. Got to fish with mealworm and baitmaster as well one day.My biggest gill and redear were caught the first day and of course I left the camera back at the house. Sonny took a couple pictures of the biggest gill,maybe he'll post it for me. I caught many gills in the 7-9 inch range but couldn't get into the really big ones that are there. I still caught lot's of fish and even had a few doubles. Duck jigs took the majority of my fish. The last day I commited myself to using boolie jigs in black and white. We trolled with the black and I casted the white along the dam hoping for crappie but the gills were all over both baits. I'll post more pics later.View attachment 9View attachment 1View attachment 2View attachment 3

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 128
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 128
  • 052.JPG
    052.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 129
  • 063.JPG
    063.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 128
  • 066.JPG
    066.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 129

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Glad you had a good time - like the looks of that party boat. Never see any other boats out on that lake...... avoiding the high traffic areas or is it just not used for recreation much?

That picture of the sunrise over the mountains is beautiful!

SaltyBuckster said:
Glad that you had a good time Jim.They must be keeping them big gill places to themselves,lol.

X2 on that for they where posting some monster gills right before your plane landed...LOL

Doc is alive and doing well...

Fatman

X3 on that!!! That location don't look the same as in the other pictures that have been posted!!!LOL

Glad you had a great time!!!!!!!

JUNGLEJIM1

I definitely plan on getting back out there. We fished the same spots as last year that produced gills over 10 inches plus a couple of deep water spots that have produced big gills in the past.I guess the bigger fish weren't hungry,lot's of food for them to eat and we were marking tons of fish on the locator everywhere we fished. We even tried night fishing,Led caught a bass over 5lbs. There are some big crappie in the lake and the dock fisherman were catching some up to a lb. or so. Need to give the marina docks a shot for those.

BGman

You went out with a couple of the most knowledgable Bluegill/Redear fisherman that regularly fish Lake Perris. Could not ask for better instructors on getting a big trophy panfish at that lake. I gotta get well so I can get back out there!

Back