Lake Perris 4/11/15

reefmo

Good day on the water...Wife, sister in law, mother in law, dog...

All in 16 feet(ish) of water. Green auto's were the ticket -- tipped with crickets.

Lake is 66F. Amazingly not crowded for a saturday... the park was a zoo, but very few on the water.

2015-04-11%2B11.05.40.jpg

2015-04-11%2B11.24.17.jpg

2015-04-11%2B11.44.23.jpg
Big boy... 1lb! Caught with a chub belly spinner with squirrel tail. And yes, the dog did get the squirrel!

2015-04-11%2B12.52.38.jpg

LedHed

Sponsor
congrats on the "dam" action. Saturday? - you are brave!

Gonna get real bad this year with DVL closed for boats

Wind is killing me - maybe tomorrow - was supposed to be at Havasu...

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Excellent fish - that 1lber looks huge!

Never see anyone fishing from the bank..... are you not allowed to fish from the dam? You guys seem to get up pretty close and would be a decent spot for a shore angler i would think.

Slims

Nice! A couple of slabs for sure. Did you fish on the backside near the submerged sticks, or was it only happening by the dam?

Might hit it on monday.

Thanks

reefmo

We tried lots of spots... only dam was productive for 'gill. We switched midday and went to a bass hole and hauled out 11 fish in 1 hour -- 4lb max... but not on jigs.

I guess that the 'gills haven't quite bedded up.

Slims said:
Nice! A couple of slabs for sure. Did you fish on the backside near the submerged sticks, or was it only happening by the dam?

Might hit it on monday.

Thanks

reefmo

Hey Attica...

Used to be able to fish from dam. They are in the beginnings of seismic retrofit of the dam, so no one is allowed on it. You are supposed to stay 500' away in a boat, but I haven't seen it enforced before.

Reefmo.

AtticaFish said:
Excellent fish - that 1lber looks huge!

Never see anyone fishing from the bank..... are you not allowed to fish from the dam? You guys seem to get up pretty close and would be a decent spot for a shore angler i would think.

Back