Lake Perris 10/23

baitmaster

Hit up lake Perris this weekend with Mealworms grandson. I wanted to see if I can snatch a ,monster BG like the one Mealworms caught last weekend. No luck on the monster, but still a great day on the lake. Total catch for the boat was 17 Bluegill and 2 Redear. Most fish were in the 1/2-3/4 pound range.
View attachment 8
Morning sun between the hillside and cloud cover

View attachment 9
Total Catch

Largest Fish Caught

Attachments

• IMG_4903.jpg
    IMG_4903.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_8237.jpg
    IMG_8237.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_7575.jpg
    IMG_7575.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 46

JUNGLEJIM1

I was wondering about the colors myself. Here,the males are one color and females much lighter coloration. There's much more variety in coloration in California.

baitmaster

SV...Thanks, it was a very nice fish. I was hoping for a 2 pounder like mealworm catches, but I landed this fish with no disappointment

Hawn and JJ.... I too have oftem wondered about the huge change in colors, but I have never been able find any scientific answers. I have read lots of things about color changes during spawn, bluegills ability to change colors to match cover, different color at different depths, and color changes during moon phases. Most of the information was from opinions posted on forums or blogs. All I know is with each hook set there is a wonderful suprise of beautiful color on the end of the line.

Back