Lake Perris 08/14/10

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
First off - Nice Fish!! :cool: Dang that thing is BIG!

....Deep.... how deep down? Still having trouble getting to some i know are there. really need to try some of those belly spins i guess, i've been stuck on pieces of live crawlers because i get alot of yellow perch as well as the very occasional keeper gill in my (aggrevating) big gill hole.

Also, what kind of rod are you using? looks very long and thin... not a modified fly rod is it?

LedHed

Sponsor
Thnx SV & AF
We've been slow trolling 30' to 40' with 1/32nd and 1/16th jigs and 2lb test.

The rod is made by "Phenix" this model is the FX70T-1. Lot of lite liners out here in So Cal use these rods for jig flinging. The originals, from what I heard, were made from Shakira fly rod blanks - think they use GLoomis custom blanks now.

JSC

Doing good with that spinner jig .. the heat has been so bad I have had to limit my fishin and have not had a chance to try them ... water is right in some parts of the river .. got a good report from a good fisherman yesterday and they got to wet a line before a T storm ran them in .. Bettle Spins .. loaded up on Blue Gill, Shellcracker and Warmouth ... they were taking the spinners before they would take a cricket.

Have a good one
JSC

Back