La Reserve Beauchesne

hookup

Since I've joined RS, I've been reading about Beauchene from Mr Jig, Steven Flint, Travis, GoBlue, DonnySmitherines, and others.  I've been wanting to go, but never had the opportunity.  That changed recently and two weeks ago, a PRSC buddy & I did the drive up and fished the big lake, little Beauchene, and Lake McConnell for 9 days.  I'm not a lake fisherman, but after about two hours, I patterned the lake.  

We fished the big lake for the 7 days, the little lake for 1 (should have been 2, but we got lost - still caught fish though), and McConnell for a day.

The big lake produced fish that averaged 3-4 # with a few 5#'rs thrown in there.  My buddy also got a pike and a walleye.  The walleye was dinner for one night.  

We rented a boat each day.  Rental costs included petrol & a fully charged battery for the trolling motor whenever we needed one.  On the big lake we got a 20hp jon, which are renewed yearly on a fully equipped 14’ aluminum boats, and the little back lakes, we got a 5hp 12' jon.  Trolling motors were provided each day.  They buy new motors every year, so the equipment is top notch & reliable.

We pretty much woke at 5:30ish, ate a cliff bar and drank a cup of jo for breakfast, and fished until noonish.  Then hit the cabin for more coffee & food, then back to the lake until we were exhausted.  Dinner was spent at the cabin mostly - we ate good - steak, meatball sandwiches, spaghetti, crab cakes, brats and had some of the left overs for breakfast.

Here's some pix of the trip

IMGP1101_zpserqrv4na.jpg

IMGP1099_zps0hhjj2fb.jpg

IMGP1098_zpsqfxw74sk.jpg

hookup

More ...

IMGP1087_zpszlqh2lrw.jpg

That was about 20' of water you see the rocks in

IMGP1085_zpsb4ry7y2i.jpg

Front of the cabin - the cabin was on a small island and we needed to take a jon boat w/ a 9.9hp to it.

IMGP1082_zps4mvofxxj.jpg

hookup

More

IMGP1076_zpsvr4rbq5k.jpg

IMGP1066_zpspunqleza.jpg

This is what happens when you catch 14-17" smallies on every other cast for six to seven hours

IMGP1074_zpsax4mc1js.jpg

hookup

A Jimmy Houston pose

IMGP1054_zpsff22rebm.jpg

IMGP1053_zpsfhtg2ybw.jpg

We caught fish in temps that ranged from the 40's to the upper 70's, rain, blue bird skies, and even in places we never though fish would be.

It was an awesome trip, but I'm still trying to recover

duffy

Man...I don't know. Looks like you caught just one fish and just took a bunch of different pictures of that same one then sat around drinking beer the rest of the time. :D  Just kidding!!! Looks like a beautiful relaxing place and appears that a very good time was had by all.

hookup

We did put a dent in the Canadian supply of Labatt beer

hookup

It was ... so much that I'm already considering my next trip

AllenOK

<drool>

One of these days, I need to do a trip like that.....

I probably wouldn't even have to leave my state. Just go up to the UP somewhere....

</drool>

Back