Kunnan rod

slammingjack

My neighbor gave me this fly rod and a reel. The reel ain't much The rod is a Kunnan M# C5212 9' action is ? Aftma 5-6. Can you tell me anything about it.

LedHed

Sponsor
It's a 5 to 6 weight, nearly worthless - waste of time. Also they are very dangerous to use - lightning rods - fish hate them. You should, carefully wrap it up, send it to me (I will pay the postage - next day air) ASAP - and I will promptly dispose of it for you. Just cuz I'm nice guy.

You have a very good friend - indeed!

Think Kunnan was out of San Diego when the factory burned down - mid 80s maybe. They did golf club shafts also. They pop up on ebay every once in awhile. They had 3 main types of graphite blanks - salt/fresh - excellent Ultra Light stuff - still sought after out here. Got to be careful with the tips - know to break if you overload it.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Kunnan was my brand choice back in the 80s and indeed I broke two tips - one casting and another jerking a snag. But the 8' 2 pc version I was using managed many GTs up to 40# remarkable considering how skinny the blank was. I would describe the action as being stiff and snappy.

Back